WHAT IS CIRCULAR CORPORATE CLOTHING?
We notice that there are still many different views on what exactly circular corporate clothing is. We want to clarify this in this blog with our explanation of what we mean by circular workwear.
The textile industry is the second most polluting industry in the world. For example, 1 cotton T-shirt contains about 4000 liters of water, there is 200 million kilos of textile waste per year in the Netherlands alone and only 3% is recycled worldwide.
Circular corporate clothing changes this, but what exactly do we mean by circular corporate clothing? At Schijvens Corporate Fashion and therefore also at our workwear brand T’riffic, we make our clothing from recycled materials. This means that we can make new workwear from our customers’ old workwear in combination with recycled PET. A circular article is an article that is made entirely from recycled materials. This means that NO new raw materials are used. The use of new raw materials still has far too great an impact. So what makes the article circular? That is, you can reuse the same resources in this circle after use. When you only use recycled materials and therefore NO new raw materials, you create a closed circle.
THE CIRCULAR PROCESS:
- The old work clothes are collected from the customer and shredded.
- Old PET bottles are ground into PET flakes. These are heated and melted into granulate.
- There are two types of fibres: The shredded work clothes are pulled apart in a machine, resulting in textile fibres. As soon as you heat granulate, you can pull wires out of it, these become PET fibres.
- The two types of fibers are combined in a blowroom and you can make a wick from this mixture.
- Recycled yarn can be spun from the sliver.
- New recycled cloth can be woven or knitted from the new yarn.
As soon as the new circular clothing needs to be replaced, the clothing can be handed in and the circular process starts all over again. So you have a closed circle with recycled materials that can be used again and again.
CAN YOU CONTINUE TO RECYCLE CIRCULAR CLOTHING?
You can recycle clothes made of 50% recycled cotton and 50% recycled PET polyester 3 to 4 times. After this the cotton has disappeared and only polyester remains. You can continue to recycle polyester.
OUR CIRCULAR CLOTHING
We have 2 types of recycled yarns that we use for our clothes, namely;
- Yarn consisting of 50% recycled cotton and 50% recycled polyester. Our T-shirts, polo shirts, sweaters, vests, shirts and work trousers are made of this
- Yarns of 100% recycled polyester, from which our jackets and softshells are made
Your old company clothing as a raw material for new clothing saves about 99% water consumption, 40% energy consumption and 40% CO2 emissions. If you also take all return logistics operations into account, you have a definite saving of:
We recycle old company clothing to make new clothing. The old company clothing is collected and sorted at Schijvens Corporate Fashion in Hilvarenbeek. After sorting by color and quality, the clothing is sent to Turkey, where it is shredded and fiberized. These textile fibers are mixed with fibers from recycled polyester to make the yarn strong enough again. New yarn is then spun from this, which we use to knit and weave cloths and then make corporate clothing.